There is no fear in love; instead, true love drives out fear
1 John 4:18

Sunday, August 8, 2010

Day 3 — Your parents

Dear Parents,
Dont worry. No matter what I will always love you. You have dealt with me for 19 years now. And I do have to say, all but one of them was very easy for you. I was a good kid in high school. I did my homework, I worked, I didnt fuss when you said something couldnt be done. I listened to you, and I listened well. You raised me to be the person I am. Strong and Independent. Thats what I am. So let me be strong and independent. People need to make mistakes in life. They need to fall flat on their face before they can see a decision is wrong and not make that choice again. Let me fall. Dont hold me back. I am just starting to grow, and yea sometimes you may not like the direction I am growing, but this is me, not you. You are not here to judge me, you are not here to ridicule me. You are here to help me and guide me. We have been through so much together. We have had many hard times that we have had to struggle with but we have made it. Now it is time to let me struggle on my own a bit. I thank you for putting a roof over my head and food in my belly (well the food is questionable if you know what our fridge looks like). Its time to step bad though. I know this is going to hurt you to do this, but let me make decisions for myself. I love you guys. You are the best parents a girl could ask for. I hope you are able to look past the bad that we have had and see that I am the daughter that many wish for, but you were so lucky to get stuck with.
I can not say that I am happy to be home though. I have experienced life on my own, so moving back is going to be a really tough move for me. I do not exactly know how the move back home happened. I guess one day someone said UT and I just said yes to keep the peace. But ever move has its positives. I just still gotta find it in this one. Please. Please dont hover over me while I am at home. Dont ask me if I have done my homework or if I am getting hours at work. Thats just going to make me really mad. I am a big girl, but unfortunately this big girl doesnt have money for rent or food for herself yet. Soon though I will. I promise I will be back out of the house before you know it. Maybe a year or so, who knows. But for now, lets just get along, I dont want to start this year off on the wrong foot.
I love you, thank you so much for everything that you have given me.
Love,
LO

No comments:

Post a Comment